Are your teeth crooked or crowded? If you’re wanting a straighter, healthier smile, Drs. McKinley and McKinley-Holloway may recommend Invisalign® clear aligners. Invisalign® is the leading brand of clear aligners—snug-fitting retainers that are custom-made and worn over the teeth for incremental movement and straightening. This treatment allows our dentists in Shelby Township to provide a viable alternative to traditional orthodontics. No longer do patients have to go through years of treatment with a “metal mouth.”
Instead, patients can improve their smile while wearing discrete, clear aligners.
Invisalign Clear Aligners Shelby Township, MI
Our practice is committed to ensuring every one of our patients has the healthiest smile, helping them look and feel great!
We are ready to set up a consultation and thoroughly go over which methods will provide the smile you’ve always wanted—including straightening your teeth with Invisalign clear aligners. When meeting with our dental team, we invite each patient to provide personal input and work with us to create your ideal dental plan.
“I had a great cleaning and completed my Invisalign treatment on May 1st!! All I need to do is whiten them and I will have sore cheeks from showing off my pearly whites! Thank you!!” – Callie D.
Benefits of Invisalign Clear Aligners
With so many advancements in dental technology in recent years, Invisalign aligners are just one of the modern dental treatments that can benefit your smile. These clear aligners offer all the following benefits:
- Comfortable. The Invisalign aligner trays are made of a clear and smooth plastic. While the trays are durable enough to withstand regular dental wear and tear, they stay comfortable all day. Painful metal braces are no longer a worry!
- Discreet. Invisalign clear aligners are non-invasive and discreet, letting you continue your day-to-day life uninterrupted. Your aligners will hardly be noticeable to family members, friends, or even coworkers.
- Removable. Not only are they barely noticeable, but you can also take them out whenever you eat or brush your teeth. If you need to attend an event where you’d feel more confident without them such as singing or sports, simply remove them!
- Time-Saving. What most patients are thrilled about is the time they save with these aligners. Thanks to the SmartTrack® technology of the Invisalign system, it can treat many conditions in as little as 6–12 months!
If you are interested in Invisalign clear aligners, call or visit our office today!
The Invisalign Process
After a consultation, our dentists will determine if an Invisalign treatment is right for you.
3D Dental Scan
Our dentists will take x-rays and impressions of your smile so that a 3D image of your teeth can be made. Using this digital image, our dentists will form a detailed treatment plan. Customized Invisalign trays are constructed based on your individual plan.
Custom Teeth Aligners
Your aligners are then custom-crafted using our exclusive SmartTrack® aligner material for faster alignment and better comfort during your treatment.
Teeth Aligner Application
Once your distinctive and personalized clear aligners are created, you will be given instructions on how to wear them and when to switch to the next set of aligners in the series.
Each set of trays are designed to gently push your teeth into a new position until your smile is fully straightened. About every one or two weeks, our dentists will supply you with a new set of aligners to continue moving your teeth to their desired positions. Our dentists will check your progress about every six weeks.
Am I a Candidate for Invisalign Aligners?
To determine whether or not Invisalign clear aligners are right for you, a consultation with our dental team may be necessary. However, should any of the following conditions apply to you, consider a consultation today.
- Open Bite: If your upper and lower teeth don’t touch when your mouth is closed, this creates a condition called open bite. This often leads to difficulty when biting into common foods such as apples, potatoes, and hard cheeses.
- Crowded Teeth: When you don’t have enough room along your jaw for your teeth to fit normally, teeth can bunch up, overlap, twist, or bunch together in the front or back of the mouth. Without straight teeth, complications in oral hygiene occur, increasing the risk of plaque build-up and gum disease.
- Overbite: An overbite is caused when the upper front teeth overlap with your lower front teeth. This is common with most people. However, if an overbite is too large, this can be labeled as a “deep jaw”, which can create discomfort in the jaw.
- Underbite: When you close your mouth and your lower front teeth are in front of your upper teeth, this creates an underbite. In many cases, this is actually a problem with your lower jaw being too far forward. Often, this results in making chewing and speaking more difficult than necessary.
- Gap Teeth: Extra spacing between one or more sets of teeth creates a condition called gap teeth. Not only can this create areas where food can get stuck, these areas allow bacteria to build, increasing the chances of gum disease.
How Do I Take Care of My Aligners?
Wear your aligners during the day, removing them to eat and to brush and floss your teeth. Brush and clean the appliances as well, though do not use overly hot water to clean them. (Heat can warp the plastic and prevent them from fitting correctly.)
Take the time to wear your aligners for at least 20–22 hours per day. Over time, they will gently straighten your teeth. Remember, each is made of a moldable plastic, without wires that can poke and irritate the soft tissues of the mouth. Plus, they are nearly invisible, so most people will not realize that you are straightening your teeth. If any of your aligners break or have other issues, let your dentist know as soon as possible.
Not only are Invisalign aligner trays nearly invisible, they are also designed to make your treatment as comfortable as possible. Because each aligner is specifically designed to fit your smile, they are able to gradually shift the alignment of your teeth.
Schedule a Consultation for Straighter Teeth Today!
Contact our team at 586-685-0880 if you have questions about the Invisalign system and other treatments available with our office.